Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Rocky Start - A Beautiful Ending

Hi - this is Tyquan Reddick reporting from Crisfield.  This morning I woke up with a hole in my bed - due to a pen that I did not know I had.  I helped with breakfast and it was all going good until I dropped the bacon on the outside gravel.  Mr. Carroll saved the day by bringing it inside and washing it off without letting anyone know.

On the job today, we started off by putting a second coat on the walls in the second room of the house. Then we painted our first coat on the ceiling of that room. In the other group we had in the house, they also painted the room they were in but, but they had to move a lot more furniture. While we waited for the paint to dry, we went to get some more equipment. On the way back, we stopped at McDonald's and I got two McChickens. When we got back to the house we got right back to work; we started by putting on the last coat to the second group's walls and ceilings. Next, we left again while the other paint dried; we then returned once again to McDonald's and Mr. Carroll purchased everyone McFlurries which put most of us in  a sleepy mood.There was work to be done and when we got done with our food we went back to the house and cleaned up our mess and got ready for our homeowners to return. Later on we returned to the church and got ready for dinner.


 Hey, hey, hey, this is Jailene Santiago and I just thought I would let you guys all know about all the other excitements of the day. My team started work at the home of a 103 year old woman. You would be very surprised by all the mobility she had. This woman outlived 3 of her 4 children that she raised by herself. She was a cute little African American woman. Can you guys imagine all the historical things that she has lived through, World War I, World War II, the Great Depression, the Civil Rights Movement and just so many other things? I honestly found so much enjoyment just being in her presence. The smile on her face when she saw her newly painted ceilings -  I can't really explain the feeling that it gave me knowing that my team had helped Mrs. Ruth Ella but I can say that this day was just very blessed for us all.






No comments:

Post a Comment